Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's Tuesday, Where are You?

In real life I'm at ALA picking up free books from publishers that don't want to ship them back to headquarters. Whoot! Today is the last day of the ALA Conference and I am tired. When I recover from my adventure, I'll post a picture of the book booty.

My reading is taking me to Tibet in 1958 where I am looking for my husband who has been reported dead by the Chinese People's Liberation Army. I don't believe that he is dead, so I've joined the Army myself in order to get into Tibet and search for my husband of 100 days. (Sky Burial by Xinran)

Join raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading and let her know where you are this Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. As usual I am in all of the places I shouldn't be,(grin) and have recently been skulking round the suburbs of Manchester, England during the 2002 commonwealth games, following in the Footsteps of Detective Inspector John Spicer.
    (Killing the Beasts - Chris Simms)

    Now 'The Butcher of Belle Vue' is reaping havoc in those same suburbs, and once again Spicer is on the case...
    (Shifting Skin - Chris Simms)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous about all of those books. I just left Avonlea. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jo: I love detective novels. Haven't heard of this author before.

    jessica: Avonlea is such a wonderful place to visit. Someday I would like to go to PEI and visit that lovely island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri,

    There are hundreds of great UK authors of Detective Novels, I'm sure I'll introduce you to several more as it's my favourite genre of book.

    That said I've been quite tempted to try several of the books some of the others are reading, 'cos it's always fun to try something new right?

    ReplyDelete