Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It's Tuesday, Where are You?

This week my reading isn't taking me far from where I live, but it is taking me to a much less populated and conservative version of that land. I'm in Orange County, California ... mostly in Tustin and Laguna Beach ... in 1968. I've met Timothy Leary, Charles Manson, and Richard Nixon. I'm hoping that Detective Nick Becker finds the person who murdered the beautiful 19 year old Janelle Vonn and I'm watching David Becker as his drive-in church ministry grows to a congregation of thousands. I'm disturbed that journalist Andy Becker has been blackmailed by a slimeball news publisher into writing a signed op-ed piece criticizing his detective brother Nick. Yes, Orange County has never been so exciting. I should know ... I live here!
(California Girl by T. Jefferson Parker)

Where are you today?

Join raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading and let her know where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment