Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Tuesday, Where are you?

I just left the Shetland Islands off the northeast coast of Scotland where Inspector Perez has just solved a triple homicide. This involved some knowledge of the few residents of Biddista and their histories. It also involved some skill at communicating with the rather cloistered atmosphere one encounters in a very small village. I can't wait to go back and see what is happening in the Shetland Islands in future. Quite exciting for such a small place. (White Nights by Ann Cleeves)

I'm on my way to a suburb of Tokyo where I expect to encounter a brutal murder and "the violent underbelly of Japanese society." (Out by Natsuo Kirino)

Join raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading and let her know where your reading is taking you this Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been doing some global trotting. I just left Kansas (In Cold Blood) for somewhere in post-apocalytic US (The Road). I need to find somewhere really sunny and fun for my next "trip"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a few seconds to realize that you were talking about BOOKS. I thought "YIKES!" for one brief, wild momemnt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beck: I actually did go online and take a look at a nice B&B located in the Shetland Islands and dreamt for a moment about going and spending a few weeks walking the wild hills and reading books by a nice fireplace :o)

    ReplyDelete