Monday, September 26, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon is coming!

Have you ever participated in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon? I have never been an official participant, but I usually sit around reading for a good part of the day and night with all of the official participants. And I blog hop and cheer and encourage those who are participating. Hmmm. That sounds like participation ... doesn't it! Maybe I should actually commit this year!

Come and hang out with readers around the world on October 22, 2011 and do what we do best ... read and talk about what we read!

How about you? Are you participating?

Read-a-Thon links:
About the Read-a-Thon
Read-a-Thon FAQ
History
Start Times
Reader Sign Up

7 comments:

  1. I already signed up. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated a few years ago, but just can't devote that much time to reading when working all week now. Have fun Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, you're tempting me! But I have comps 10 days after. I suppose I could read rhet/comp for 24 hours straight. Wait... that doesn't sound as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely make it official! You're already doing all the work, after all. :)

    I can't wait for the 'thon. I don't exactly need an excuse to spend an entire day reading, but a community-sanctioned event won't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! And yes, must be official so we cheerios know where to go to cheer you on! (though I'd be cheering you whether you were official or not).

    Can't wait Terri! Promise it'll be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. reviewsbylola: I know! I'm so excited I've already started making a stack of books for it.

    Diane: I completely understand. That is why I have never participated before. I already know I can't stay awake reading for 24 hours (too old); I'll just read much later than I usually do and hope I don't regret it the following week at work :o)

    Let's Book: You crack me up! "Read rhet/comp for 24 hours straight." Hope you do well on comps! (I know you will)

    Memory: Yup. No excuse needed to read all day! I'm really looking forward to it. It will be fun knowing so many other people around the world are doing the same thing!

    Trish: I'm looking forward to seeing one of your cheer videos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so mad we're going to be busy that day! Every year I so look forward to the read a thon, although I know I can read practically any weekend I choose. It's just that it's so fun to participate all together as a group. Have a wonderful 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete