Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Trail

I thought I'd post a few pictures of the lovely trail that I've been spending much of my time on lately ... instead of blogging. And it's just a short walk from my front door!

(Click pictures for larger views.)


The eucalyptus trees near one of the trail heads.


Homes border much of the trail, but you rarely see them. Some of these nice folks maintain gardens with benches and water spouts for the enjoyment of those using the trail.


One of a number of trail branches.


One of my favorite old shade trees. The trail is just covered with oak, eucalyptus, and elm trees.


You've got to watch out for horse traffic when you're on the trail. This nice neighbor stopped and posed for the camera.


Miles of loveliness. You can forget you're in the city.

5 comments:

  1. So lovely! I wish we had trails like that where I live, but honestly it's so stinkin' hot outside that I have to wait until fall/spring to meander anyway. I'm so glad you've been spending your time in such beautiful places, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish: It's usually much hotter here in July and August, but we've had an incredibly mild summer so far. I hope it stays mild and we don't get a skin melting indian summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If I lived near that trail I'd be blogging a lot less too :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You're so lucky to live near a place like that. I can't wait until autumn and the weather here gets bearable enough to be outdoors without melting.

    ReplyDelete