Monday, April 20, 2009

A Thank You and Mailbox Monday

Thank you to everyone who left me well wishes. Those messages really helped to brighten some rather trying days. I'm on the mend and now dealing with my own impatience to be 100 percent.

I took a look at my blog reader and it is insanely full, so I will just be clearing it and moving on from today. I know this means missing a lot of fantastic book reviews and various news about your lives, but the sheer quantity is a bit overwhelming!

************************************************************

While I was "away" I received two blog awards (that I know of) and want to acknowledge the wonderful bloggers who thought of me ...

From Trish at Trish's Reading Nook, the Proximidade award:

"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

From Bellezza at Dolce Bellezza, the I "Heart" Your Blog award:








Thank you so much ladies!

*************************************************************

Marcia at The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday where she asks, "What books came into your house last week?"

While I haven't been out and about to purchase any books, I did receive a pleasant surprise in the mail this week.

Through LibraryThing Early Reviewers I received
The Glass Blower of Murano by Marina Fiorato

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reviews for The Glass Blower of Murano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better, Terri. Don't worry about clearing out that blog reader. I had a few unexpected days off and ended up having to do the same. It was the only way I was going to stay sane. :-)

    Congratulations on your awards! You definitely deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend. I have been praying for you (even though I never let you know that along the way).

    -t

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've missed you, but we're also hoping you're taking good care of yourself. Congrats on the awards--they are very much deserved. And don't worry about marking all those posts as read. I bet a million of them (at least) are from the read-a-thon anyway. :P

    Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary: I'm looking forward to reading it! My sister was intrigued since she is taking a trip to Italy this summer. Maybe she will bring me some Murano glass :o)

    Literary Feline: Thanks! Those blog readers sure do fill up fast. You are right, even a couple of days can see them out of control.

    atypical: Thank you so much for the prayers. I appreciate them.

    Trish: Ah, that is right ... the read-a-thon. That would explain the numbers of posts I was seeing. Hope everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete