Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Top 106 Unread LibraryThing Books

I've come across this fun meme several times and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Instructions:
  • Start with the list of the top 106 unread books cataloged on LibraryThing.
  • Bold the titles you have read.
  • Italicize the books you've started but haven't finished.
  • Asterisk those you own, but have not read.

As per my nature, I've given this my own twist and have actually separated these titles into separate lists.

Books I've read:
Anna Karenina
Catch-22
Life of Pi
Madame Bovary
The Odyssey
Pride & Prejudice
Jane Eyre
The Iliad
Emma
The Kite Runner
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Canterbury Tales
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Brave New World
The Fountainhead
Frankenstein
Dracula
A Clockwork Orange
1984
The Inferno
To the Lighthouse
Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Gulliver's Travels
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
Dune
The Prince
The Sound and the Fury
Neverwhere
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Beloved
The Mists of Avalon
Northanger Abbey
The Aeneid
Watership Down
The Hobbit
David Copperfield
Total = 37

Books I've started by haven't finished:
Lolita
Total = 1

Books I own but haven't read:
Jonathan Strange & M. Norrell (this one is on my TBR Challenge list)
Crime and Punishment
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Wuthering Heights
The Silmarillion
The Name of the Rose
Don Quixote
Moby Dick
Ulysses
A Tale of Two Cities
The Brothers Karamazov
Vanity Fair
The Time Traveler’s Wife
The Blind Assassin
Great Expectations
American Gods (this one is on my TBR Challenge List)
Atlas Shrugged
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
The Historian (this one is on my TBR Challenge List)
Love in the Time of Cholera
Foucault’s Pendulum
Middlemarch
The Count of Monte Cristo
Anansi Boys
The Once and Future King
The Grapes of Wrath
The Poisonwood Bible
The Satanic Verses
Sense and Sensibility
Mansfield Park
A Confederacy of Dunces
Slaughterhouse-Five
Eats, Shoots & Leaves
Persuasion
The Catcher in the Rye
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
In Cold Blood
Treasure Island
The Three Musketeers
Total = 40

Haven't read & Don't own:
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies
War and Peace
Mrs. Dalloway
Middlesex
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Reading Lolita in Teheran
Quicksilver
Angels & Demons
The Picture of Dorian Gray
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Oliver Twist
Les Misérables
Angela's Ashes
The God of Small Things
A People’s History of the United States: 1492-Present
Cryptonomicon
A Short History of Nearly Everything
Dubliners
The Scarlet Letter
Oryx and Crake
Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
Cloud Atlas
The Confusion
On the Road
Freakonomics
Gravity’s Rainbow
White Teeth
The Corrections
Total = 28

Note: If you are going to participate in this meme, you may want to watch out for lists that seem to be missing a title. The list I consulted had 105, whereas the meme says that there are 106. (I know ... big deal! It's only a difference of one! Yeah, I'm picky like that.) If I've done my math correctly, my list should have all 106. Smile.

3 comments:

  1. Some of those titles surprise me. It seems like I read a lot of reviews of some of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. booklogged: I know! I was unable to find the list at LibraryThing. It seems that there are indeed a lot of review for most of these titles. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun game! I am going to go play it right now.

    ReplyDelete